Spicy Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
- 1. FOR THE MAC AND CHEESE BALLS
- 3 cups homemade macaroni and cheese
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped and fried
- 2 cups Olive Pride Blend of Seed Oils and Extra Virgin Olive Oil – more if needed
- 500ml buttermilk
- 3 cups panko
- 2 cups flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp Sriracha spice
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- FOR THE SRIRACHA DIP, SIMPLY COMBINE:
- 1 cup Clover Cream O’Naise
- 60ml Sriracha sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A small handful of chopped coriander
Place mac and cheese in a mixing bowl.
Add fresh chillies and fried bacon bits and mix to combine.
Place in the fridge to firm up – about 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium to high heat.
Roll heaped tablespoons of macaroni and cheese into balls – roughly the size of a golf ball.
Working one at a time, dip the balls into buttermilk, then into seasoned flour.
Dip into buttermilk again and then into panko, pressing the outsides to coat evenly.
Working in batches, add mac and cheese balls to hot oil and fry until golden and crispy.
Transfer onto a paper towel to get rid of excess grease.
Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with Sriracha dip.