Slow Roasted Pulled Balsamic Beef Tacos
- 1 ½kg beef brisket or short rib
- 2tbsp Olive Pride Blend of Seed Oils and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- 4 chipotle chillies, chopped
- 1¼ cups beef stock
- 4tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup Olive Pride 3 Leaf Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt, and more to taste
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 ½tbsp ground cumin
- 2tsp chipotle tabasco
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- 6 soft shell or crispy tacos
- Salsa (chopped red onion, tomatoes, coriander, chillies, seasoning and a squeeze of lime)
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh coriander, chopped
Heat oil in a skillet and brown beef brisket or short rib.
Arrange the meat in a deep roasting dish, then add the chopped onion, celery, carrots and bouquet garni
In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients a blend together, then pour the mixture over the beef and cover with foil.
Place in preheated oven and slow roast at 160 degrees Celsius until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
Using two forks, pull the beef off the bone and set aside.
Assemble by filling tacos with pulled beef.
Top with a generous amount of salsa and avocado.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander.