Devilled Eggs with Spicy Mayo and Tempura Prawn Topping
- 6 x large eggs
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1tbsp fresh coriander, finely diced
- 1tbsp fresh chives, finely diced
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced (optional)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 20ml Olive Pride Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60ml Sriracha mayonnaise/any spicy mayonnaise
- 12 prawns
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned coating/crumbing
- Extra fresh coriander for garnish
Place eggs in cold water in a saucepan. Slowly bring to the boil and boil for 7-8 minutes.
Remove the eggs from the heat and place in a bowl of ice cold water.
Once cooled, deshell, cut lengthways and set aside.
In a bowl combine the yolk from the boiled eggs with the onion, coriander, chives, parsley, chilli, paprika and garlic.
Using a fork, mash until smooth.
Add the olive oil and continue smoothing.
Add the mayonnaise and mix until well combined and set aside.
Toss the prawns in the flour, dip into the eggs, and then into the coating.
Remove any excess coating and fry in hot oil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
Place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the empty egg whites and top with the crispy prawns.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.